Wednesday 13 January 2010

Steam Pao

On 11th January 2010, Monday (Yes, it is Monday. Still quarantined due to the spread of H1N1 in Crimea), 4pm-10.30pm, a project of Chinese Steam Vegetable Pao is accomplished --- SUCCESSFULLY! My very first attempt again *YES!!!*

Yummy yummy, finally found the best mixture of pau-making recipe. It is a success. I am pretty sure it's going to be one of my favourite, only except that it is of a tidious work. I used all most all my energy. And my muscles of the upper extremities ache so much the next day. But nevertheless it is worth it.

The Result

The filling I used was cabbage with carrot, as it is shown in the picture below. After preparing the filling, I began to do the dough that consumes the most time and energy.

Dough-making is a long process. Took hours although most of it is the time for the dough to rest. Meaning you can do whatever you want while waiting. From preparing the dough till the end of game, took about 6 hours. But the end results is a very satisfying one.

Second Rising of the dough with the filling inside.

The heater is of full-use especially in this cold winter season --- multiple function with multiple purpose, making full use out of it. Make sure this blog is not read by any CSMU administators, hehehehe.

Steaming of the bun with steamer

The end result of the fully-risen pao. Hmm, the black dot is not dirt, it's pepper --- black pepper :DAll ingredients are available in Ukraine, and of course Malaysia. The paper used under the Pao is just ordinary A4 papers.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

I thought studying to become a doctor suppose to be very busy but you seem like to have lots of time to bake and cook. good for u! what a great job! you make all my sliver come out... Too bad food can't be mailed... :(

~~Dreams Come True~~ said...

thats why the quality here not as high lo. But its supposed to be for dinner, ended up my supper :(
But now quarantine time , still ok la. At least i dont use that time to sleep wahahhaah

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......