Tuesday 13 April 2010

Chocolate Fruit Fondue




Have you ever have an unexplainable sudden crave for chocolate??? You just feel like munching the chocolate, or eat anything with chocolate, or even dream of the chocolate??? Yes, I just happen to have this crave once in a while, not too often, but frequent enough. Sounds contradicting? Well, that's just a girly girl thingy. We know that chocolate is never the girl's best friend (especially if she has a diet plan going on), yet this crave will never stop hunting her :P



And this crave led me down to my memory lane, when I was with OiLing in Ghent, Belgium, tasting for the first time --- Chocolate Fondue, in Belgian famous chocolate bar. (Hmm, sound like I am very old, I know.)



So I just happened to have a short grocery shopping after posting my sister's invitation letter to Ukraine by FedEx which cost me uah208 to deliver. Silpo---the shopping centre is just nearby or rather just next door. I stepped into it and got myself the fruits for tonight's Chocolate Fruit Fondue. Yummy, yummy, yum yum!

To the girls especially --- just forget about the diet plan once in a while and indulge yourself with this chocolate haven. Remember, it's never wrong to pamper yourself sometime *wink*



Ingredients :
Fruits of your choice (Mine : Pear, banana, mandarin, apple)
Chocolate 100g (I used a bar of Milka Dark Chocolate)
Milk --- about 6-7 tablespoons (Add few tablespoons more if you wish :D)
Roasted nuts (ground)

Methods:
1. By double-boiling method, melt the chocolate.
2. Add milk when it's melted and stir till mixed.
3. Assemble the fruits and the chocolaty sauce.
4. Sprinkle the roasted nuts on the chocolate sauce

P/S : Eat while the chocolate sauce is warm :D

*Just some personal opinion, I think the mandarin (which I get it because I can't find strawberries) doesn't work that well. But banana tasted perfect for me. Serving with some biscuit sticks would be great.*


2 comments:

Fondue said...

You can never go wrong with a chocolate fondue. Everybody loves chocolate. So really, it's just a question of how well can you put together the best dippers for it. And of course, the presentation as well!

~~Dreams Come True~~ said...

Totally agree. :)

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......