Tuesday 8 June 2010

Salami Pizza



Into the oven
PIZZA CRAVE!!! It's all the Reality Cooking Competition's (MasterChef) fault. Making me drooling over pizza, even canceled my plan of fried bihun for it.

It was a long time since I last did a home-made one, think was 2-3 years back. So Pizza is back into business now. Actually the dough is very easy to do, just time consuming, taking about an hour for the dough at least. But, you can prepare other stuffs while waiting :) So this recipe for the pizza base I am sharing here is based on Julia Jenkin's, one of the participant. Or perhaps her employer's??? :P The tomato paste and ingredient is all based upon your own cravings :)

I finished off my pizza with capsicum, tomato, dash of oregano, salami, coriander and pineapples. I like to have pineapples in my pizza, because I feel that it is more appetizing. Last but not least, the Mozzarella cheese, hmmm...*Drooling yet again*

Making the dough for the base

Pizza Base (I did 3.5 pizzas, not all congruent in size though)
15g dried yeast
20g caster sugar
20g salt
250ml lukewarm water
1 tbs olive oil
425g flour


Leaving the dough to rise

1. Add 250ml lukewarm water, sugar, salt, yeast. Leave aside till it's frothy.
2. Prepare 425g flour, making a well in the center, pour 1 tablespoon olive oil, add the frothy yeast mixture, and form the dough.
3. Leave aside for about 30 minutes till it rises.

Fork the dough

To complete it :
4. Preheat oven to 250°C for 15minutes.
5. Prepare your tomato paste and ingredients for your Pizza.
6. Take a portion of the dough and roll it to about 0.5cm thick (according to the pizza stone size)
7. Fork the base, then put the paste and ingredients on the rolled pizza base.
8. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or till the base at the side looks crunchy enough.

The tomato paste and the Mozzarella Cheese

For my Salami Pizza

1.5 Pizza (Yes, I know it is not the typical round shape :D )

So, here you go with the mouth-watering pizza. Of course, it is better if you have someone to share with, I definitely can't finish it off by myself. Not to mention that you will get "jelak" even if you are crazily craving for it for a long time.

Salami Pizza fresh from oven

~~~ ENJOY ~~~

No comments:

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......