Friday 4 June 2010

Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake




Have been craving for it since before the 1st exam,but haven't found the extra tim to satisfy my craving. Even the cream cheese was bought weeks before. So here I am baking this cheesecake with a joyful heart (because have finished 50% of the exam and trying to clear stocks :P)

It has been quite a while since I last baked a cake. And this is yet another good attempt for me. Seeing the blueberry "oozing" is kinda exciting for me. With a good cup of coffee, this is definitely a perfect tea-break.

There is one thing about this cake, I used the cream cheese blocks in this cheesecake making. Maybe I didn't do much shopping in Malaysia, but I haven't really come across such block-cream-cheese. The very first time I saw was here in Ukraine. In Malaysia, I often see Philadelphia cream cheese, and besides that, still Philadelphia. Maybe I haven't been paying much attention in groceries since I wasn't into cooking/baking 6 years back :P

So the process of baking this cake is rather long. I used about 2.5hours Bain-Marie style of baking. So good luck in your attempt :)

Ingredients :
Base :
Graham Crackers 300g
Butter
Blueberry Jam :
Blueberry 120g
Sugar 150g

Cheese Batter :
Cream Cheese 5 blocks (500g)
Sugar 100g
Corn Flour 50g
Butter 65g
Egg whites 5
Egg yolks 5
Heavy cream 150g

Method :
1. Preheat oven at 180°C, prepare the tray with water too.
2. In a pot, melt the 150g sugar with 50ml water and the blueberry, then leave aside to cool.
3. Cut the cheese into small cubes.
4. Make the biscuits base by blending the crackers and mix with sufficient butter to form the base in the cake tray.
5. Beat the 100g sugar and egg whites in a bowl till fluffy.
6. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter till smooth.
7. Add in the egg yolks one by one, then the corn flour and the heavy cream.
8. Add in (5) and beat till smooth.
9. Pour 1/2 of the batter onto the base.
10. Pour in the blueberry jam and make a swirl with a chopstick.
11. Pour in the remaining half of the batter on top of it.
12. Bake in 180°C, Bain-Marie style.
13. Cool for at least 2-hours before serving.


Enjoy this wonderful cheesecake :)


No comments:

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......