Saturday 22 May 2010

Kuih Kodok


Went for a 2D/1N trip straight after krok. So the balanced bananas were stuffed into the fridge. When I was back, they are slightly darkened I doubt I could eat it just like that. So came out with this sweet Malaysian Mashed Banana Fritters = Kuih Kodok. Reminding myself that I have about 2 months till I am back in Malaysia for good ... ... Hmm, how I miss Malaysian food!

Look at the consistency inside, looks just like banana cake, but the mini fried version :P

Ingredients :
2 large riped bananas
1 cup flour
1 sharp tablespoonful of sugar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon salt

Left : Mashed Bananas
Right : Mashed bananas after mixing with other ingredients
Methods :
1. Mashed the bananas with a fork in a bowl.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mixed well.
3. Heat oil in a pot.
4. Take a spoonful of the batter and drop it in the oil (medium heat).
5. It will float when it is done.

Even the Kuih Kodok knew that ... ...

I always cook with love and care :P

2 comments:

Cheah said...

Hi
Thanks for following my blog. Welcome! You must be missing a lot of M'sian food since you're so far away from home. You've done a good job with those ripe bananas.

~~Dreams Come True~~ said...

Thank you. I do miss Msian food and my family :) You have a nice blog. Keep up the good work.

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......