Tuesday 10 November 2009

Boston Cheesecake

Hmm, cheesecakes...I have never dislike them before. Never(At least till now)! I don't really like cakes with mousse. But definitely, I couldn't resist the temptations of cheesecakes. So off I went, getting my ingredients for my Boston Cheesecake. The process of preparing wasn't long, about 30-40minutes. But the baking part was the one testing the baker's patience.

*Biscuit base for the cake
*Egg whites and sugar...
According to the recipe I got was just merely 1.5hours. I spent the whole 2.5hours thinking that it was done. Yet, it wasn' what I expected it to be. My friends told me they used 4 hours baking, the fastest 3.5 hours. If only I knew it earlier, I would have waited. Thinking that an extra 1hour has passed (by my recipe was 1.5 hours), fearing that the cake will be too dry...ARGH!!!

*Before baking...
Nevertheless, the taste after chilling, wasn't as bad as I have expected. At least it wasn't as eggy as it smelled when it was tasted after 1 hour cooling (after being removed from the oven).

*After chilling for 24 hours...
Anyway, I will try again this weekend for the dinner party. This cheesecake wasn't supposed to look like this... But will see in my Boston Cheesecake II whether it will result in the same texture...

1 comment:

Zoe said...

It still looks good tho. I always want to bake a cheesecake but for some reasons, I didn't. I have stopped baking for a long time, due to no time and space. I hope I will be able to taste it... Good job!

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......