Thursday 3 June 2010

Channel Your Anger Reasonably

It's very common, especially for Chinese to ask unnecessary questions, which I mean very simple and obvious. I don't know whether it's a habit or it's a manners, or perhaps to merely initiate a converstion. Some simple examples :

"哦,你在吃饭啊?(Oh, you are eating?)"
X asked Y when, obviously, Y is eating.
I like it, if Y answered "No, I am sleeping." or whatever.

X holding a toothbrush with tooth paste on it going into the toilet, and Y asked,
"刷牙 (Brushing your teeth)?"
Yesss, OBVIOUSLY!!! I bet X isn't going to brush the toilet bowl with that, isn't it?

Locking the door, exiting of the house, people like to ask,
"出门(Going out)?"
It is still ok if the question was to be, "Where are you going?"

If we observed properly, most of the time, we tend to ask some questions which we already obviously know or have been WITNESSING the answer. As much as I wanted to call these as STUPID questions, it is undeniably something we do unconsciously, even I have been asking these questions. Yes, I am saying that I do asked SILLY questions, how ironic is this?

But often, people aasked/answered politely, with a smile, with courtesy, even though knowing that it's unnecessary. You know, it's very funny, but almost everyone has this sort of habit, not excluding myself. But what I don't like is that when people already know the answer so well, and they still like to ask those "already known" questions and channel their anger when one is not in control of the situations.

I won't mention names, but it's too obvious that whoever is involved would be angry upon reading this, because ''Siapa makan cili, siapa rasa pedas!" Direct translation --- Who ate the chilli, who will feel spicy. For those reading yet not knowing, I think it's a good time for reflection. And it's too obvious that I am being shown the "Black Face", so stop asking who is who.

A : What happen?
B : A guy came in blablabla *Phone rang*
A : He wears his shoes in ?
*Phone rang, B answered the phone*
B : Sorry, what did you asked?
A : I asked, he wears the shoes and entered?
*B knowing A obviously knows the answer*
B : I didn't observed (rolling eyes in the mind, but still, soft-spokenly, answered politely)
A : IT'S SO OBVIOUS HE WEARS IN LA!!! THE FLOOR SO DIRTY!!!
*B chose not to answer/say anything further*

P/S : The guy is a Russian worker entered the bathroom for about 3minutes to check the pipe.

I mean it's so freaking obvious you know the answer, so why ask? And if you still have the habit of asking silly questions, why should you channel your anger upon others??? I know maybe some would think B might be at fault for not answering the question (But is it really B's fault?). Let me explain further.

It's Asians (more precisely Malaysians) culture to not wear shoes in the house. But it's not for the Russians. So these Russians worker would, unrealizingly (I assumed so), enter with their shoes. But you see, it's obvious that it is not in B's control or power that the Russian fella wears the shoes in and so is B at fault??? Even if A was to ask B this question, which B answered without giving A his/her "expecting" answer, is it A's right to growl at B like that??? B could easily answered, "IF YOU ALREADY KNEW, WHY ASKED?"

See, I understand that A is angry that the man wears his shoes and made the floor dirty, but whatever happened, happened; even if B told the guy to take off the shoes, the floor is already dirty. And it's not like he is walking around the whole room for half an hour or so, it's just a 1m2 area, in three minutes. What do you expect B to tell the fella??? (Although I think he should take off his shoes when he saw the shoes at the front of the door) But come on, is it really B's fault then???

What I don't like is the way A answered, if A still wants to answer with that final sentence, at least use not the anger. And if A is angry, please freaking understand it's not B's fault, so why channel the anger on B??? I simply just couldn't see the logic behind it!!!

Maybe some of the readers would asked why don't B tell face to face with A about the dissatisfaction ??? You see, at times, it is pointless! Especially like you have less than two months in the hostel. I am writing this not to point fingers at others but the main issue I wanted to point is, channel your anger and frustrations in a right way, towards the right things and REASONABLY!!!

We all have our times of acting silly, talking sh*t, asking stupidly, but we don't expect an answer with anger from people. And cetainly if we didn't want this on us, we shouldn't do this unto others as well. I certainly could see and learn from this after my own experience (even though I've learned it way much earlier), but I hope others could learn too.

No comments:

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......