Thursday 1 July 2010

Just A Simple Update

My Ukrainian Graduation Day was held on the 25th June 2010. The Malaysian one is yet to come - 1st August 2010 in PutraJaya. My sister had "climbed the mountains and dive the sea", just to get a visa to attend my convocation here in Ukraine, Simferopol. Fortunately, everything went well.

So here I am writing this just to inform my few faithful readers that I am on a journey with my sister in Ukraine. We have managed to squeezed in Yalta, Sevastopol and Evpatoria while we were in Crimea. Then we "trained" to Odessa. I am currently in Kiev---the last destination here for my sister this time. She will then fly off to Moscow on the 4th July, whereas I will be continuing my trip to Germany and Netherland.

Things has been interesting. We argued, laughed, experienced some unforgettable moments. And despite my "multiple arrivals" in Kiev, I still managed to get both of us lost today :( Therefore, we are now totally exhausted. Not only due to the walking, but also due to the scorching sun of summer, and the "cramped" journey.

Although many would have thought that Ukraine has nothing much to offer, I wouldn't want to agree with that statement. Many of my friends' parents applied visa to Ukraine. But straight after the convocation, many have left for Euro-trip the next day. I do agree that Europe has a lot to offer for travel. But Ukraine is not a place to offer nothing. I am sad to say that I couldn't manage to fit in the schedule for my sister these few places --- Lviv, Chernivtsi, Sudak, TarKhanKut, Kamyanets-Podilsky, Bakhchisaray etc. I know that many people thinks that a lot of these places may not be as interesting as the Colosseum in Rome, or the Familia Sagrada in Spain, or even the Eiffel Tower in Paris etc, but after going through all the red tapes getting a visa to Ukraine, I don't think leaving without visiting some of the places in Ukraine is worth it. Besides, it has a lot to offer, the beautiful Black Sea, the nature that is unpolluted/destroyed, the culture and people that is different ... ...

How many people have ever really thought of visiting Ukraine when one plans for a trip? How many would have had the opportunity to visit while having someone close (family members/children/friends) being able to be a "tour guide" (though I may be the lousy one hahaha)? How many then would have had a guide who speaks Russian (Russian as broken as mine is also counted hehehe)?

Hmm, too much of emo-ing here. Don't know why this place suddenly seems so beautiful especially when I will be leaving in 19 days :( Guess, human beings only start to appreciate something when time is not much left :) By the way, will update you guys about my trip, not only for my memory, but also for those "lost travellers" who have a hard time finding information about Ukraine, my friends who are interested in reading and also my uni-mates/future CSMU students who will be travelling in Ukraine/Europe. Hope I will be able to write everything down :)

Till the next post, wish me luck :D

2 comments:

sine nomine said...

safe trip~~
enjoy amsterdam

Cheah said...

Do have a safe and an enjoyable holiday!

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......