Wednesday 30 April 2008

Chefs?!

Each time after watching the shows/series/movies/films/....regarding food or cooking, there is a trend that we want to try it. Don't get it? Let me give you an example.

There was once, I think last semester (end of 2007), almost everyone was watching the Japanese series "Ichi Bambino". It talks about a Japanese boy from the suburb who always has confident in his Italian cooking. During his holidays, he went to the city to work in an Italian restaurant temporarily. There his experiences had finally humbled him and taught him to learn, learn and learn. Most of us after watching tends to cook Italian --- Spaghetti, haha. The way the actors have done the spaghetti in the series was amazingly tasty.

Then now after I watched the competition of The Next Iron Chef of America, I do have a mind wanting to create some delicate dishes of my own, driving my imaginations wild, wanting to be creative......

It's a limited-run series of 6 episodes (each episodes is about 45 minutes) trying to select an Iron Chef out of 8 contestants replacing a departed Iron-Chef. The Chairman had created 8 tasks for them, which he thinks is the must-have criterisa of a chef:
  1. Speed
  2. Artistry
  3. Resourcefulness
  4. Simplicity
  5. Innovations
  6. Creativity under pressure
  7. Lead and inspire
  8. Attain greatness
3 judges would determine the eliminations of the contestants, they were: Donatella Arpaia---a famous New York City restaurateur, Andrew Knowlton---Restaurant Editor atBon Appétit and Michael Ruhlman---Freelance journalist and writer. Rather interesting for me, as I watched the 8 American chefs competing and finishing their work of arts in the limited time strain. The food is of varieties, beautifully decorated in the small portions.

But when I start to think maybe I can try it too, haha, I will start reminding myself of what I'm studying and that exam is around the corner. Perhaps next semester, I could try out hehe, or maybe during the summer holidays?!

No comments:

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......