Saturday 10 May 2008

Amuse Bouche

It's a French word, where Amuse stands for Amuser=to please, and Bouche=mouth. Therefore it is a little food that is supposed to amuse the mouth. It's not an appetizer but meant to excite the taste bud of our tongue.

Well, I know a lot of you may know about this, but I only knew it through the Top Chef Season 3 today. (Glad I watched that, haha). It's supposed to be finished in one/two bites. It should be small and is normally served free of charge without ordering in a fine restaurant.

Where to get this? Well, in Simferopol, I once came across this in the Restaurant Getoman last year during my birthday. It was served with a little shot of vodka. I didn't know what was that at that time, I thought it was an appetizer then. But, I sure do know about it now :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Greets!

I just wanted to say hi

See you later

Anonymous said...

The moment I saw this site was like wow. Thanks for putting your effort in publishing this tutorial.

~~ Dreams Come True ~~

A place to seek for comfort is none better than to
let yourself know that you are actually much fortunate than many others......